Sunday, September 29, 2013

Put on a Happy Face

I have found my happy place again. Not sure how long I'll get to reside in this mindset but I will enjoy it as long as I can.

The weather has changed and I am occasionally wearing scarves and hats indoors. Yesterday I played with my Rachel Welch wig and decided it would make a good furry hat if I can only figure out how to keep the bangs out of my face. How did I deal with long hair pre-chemo? I cannot remember but now I don't want anything in my face. 

My eyes are bugging me. Super dry. Sometimes I feel like my lids are sticking to my balls (hehehe... she said balls). I'm an eye drop addict. I broke some blood vessels in my left eye. Looks weird but I'm not too concerned. People can break blood vessels in their eyes by just sneezing. I probably did it blowing my nose. My sinuses feel jacked up and I get a bloody nose at least once a day so there is a lot going on in eyes/nose zone. 

Yesterday I received a phone call from a Wells Fargo customer service rep asking me about my experiences visiting my local branch. I KID YOU NOT! I was able to relate my stories about overly chatty tellers while stating that I understood they are trained to be friendly and up-sell at every opportunity (see previous post for the full story). All I ask is they read my body language. When a bald, sick looking person comes in and does not engage they should read the customer's body language and act accordingly. The CS rep was totally understanding and it felt good to report my experience. The timing was uncanny and I got a slightly creepy feeling that "big brother" was watching. 

I'm planning on going into the office on Tuesday. I should probably wait until I get my final blood counts but there will only be a couple of people there so it doesn't feel too risky. I'll check in to make sure no one is feeling ill just before I leave the house. 

I'm looking forward to establishing a new routine. Remember nap time in kindergarten? We should incorporate that back into our work week.

No comments:

Post a Comment