Saturday, September 14, 2013

Infusion 4 of 4

Last Thursday was my final infusion. Infusion day isn't that bad. I get 3 different anti-nausea meds that hold me over for a few days and my chemo buddies are a great distraction from the fact that poison is being pumped into my body. 

They had a little trouble accessing my port and ended up injecting an enzyme that breaks down fibrous tissue that collects at the end of the port-a-cath. See Infusion 1 of 4 for more info regarding port-a-cath.
 
My blood counts are great and I've been given the status of Gold Star Patient. No actual gold stars were given.

It's been 24 hours and I feel pretty good. Taste buds have gone dead, sleep patterns are all messed up, and I'm slightly dizzy due to the steroids. Also, I am having some trouble regulating my body temperature but that is most likely due to fluctuating hormones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment